Wednesday, August 6, 2008


I had stood at the confluence of two rivers a lot of times...compelled by the beauty and a feeling of togetherness….Mesmerizing…I had wished to lose myself in someone like the rivers…in the same way a river loses itself into another….After a point one cannot distinguish between the two and tell which is which…I stood spending hours catching the view of the water mingling into each other’s arm…there I stood and yearned…No, the rivers did not ask me to get a grip on it and move on….The yearning did…

These days the rain even hits a transparent glass cage around me and goes down...A cage I created out of the storms that passed mee and fires that smoldered in…And as I trip up the world in this fake invisible space suit, attracting the ridiculous mockery of the crowd around, I constantly keep seeking for that one eye, which will see the cage and open it…free me forever to let the rain drops fall on my face again…I cannot open this cage...I cannot even touch it nor touch anything outside…The only comfort being that it protects me – saves me – forever from the outside force...But you know what? I'd give it up forever to touch you.

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything is made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.

These lines are not written by mee…I read it somewhere…it speaks my mind and it says all that I ever wanted to say…

3 comments:

neha dhamija said...

After reading these true words of yours, i could not stop the tears to roll down from my cheeks. This is something i wanted to express but never found the correct words. The hidden meaning of every word you have written is really beautiful.

avik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
avik said...

Wonderfully contrived. Rain portrayed as an enchantress 4 me ..lolz..
"Just waiting for d rain to fall..pouring life down on me."